Whiter than Rice

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

NO! I DON'T WANT HELLO KITTY SHIT! JUST FUCK OFF!

WHAT THE FUCK

Today at noon:

After lunch, I stroll across to the 7-11 across from my dorm. I buy a bottle of green tea...

Store Clerk: if you buy two bottles of green tea, you get a hello kitty bobblehead.
Tony: No Thanks.

Just now (after dinner):

7-11's here have this thing called "iCASH". It's a card where you can put money "in it", and instead of cash you just swipe the card at 7-11s. I never bothered getting one, but I saw my buddy with an iCASH card, so I say to the store clerk "yeah, can i get one please?"

She then turns around, grabs this cardboard folder, and opens it:
"Would you like to choose between the 5 Hello Kitty Designs for the Card?"

My face turns green.

Tony: Um... do you have something... like... normal? You know... like Green?

Store clerk (different from teh one this morning of course): Yeah, there's a few regular designs over there.

I choose the one that says "iCASH" on it, in favour of the iCASH card with Barbie on it.

Store Clerk: If you put in 300 NT for the initial amount, you can get a Hello Kitty Calendar!

Tony: Uh, i'll put in 200 NT thanks.

Store Clerk: Would you like the Hello Kitty Pin?

Tony: Yes (Only because inside the package for the pins there is a COUPON)

*I pay money*

Store Clerk: Is there something not "normal" about Hello Kitty?

My friend: Well, it's not really "him".

Like I do some pretty lame things like listen to Alanis Morrisette, but is there a giant sign I'm carrying that says "GIANT FLAMING EFFEMINITE ASIAN SCHOOLBOY" that I'm not aware of?

If there is, let me know.

Yikes.